AVIC411.com

02 Deville Ill/dim problem, Help!!!!

i have an 02 deville with bose and onstar so i used the metra axxess gmos06 interface to keep all that.

everything works fine.....except for illimination/dim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hooked up the d3 orange/white ill wire to the orange/white ill wire on the gmos06 but it doesnt work.

help me find another way to have the ill/dim night function work properly on my d3.

i searched for solutions on here but found none for an 02 deville.

closest i got was gm vehicles like trailblazers, pontiacs, etc...

so i applied the, "hook up d3 ill (orange/white) wire to headlight control (brown) wire" solution found on those threads.

i have auto headlights(with manual turn-on option) and daytime running lights

when i connected them i saw that the screen did dim. when i pressed map, the map did look darker. not a black map.....more like gray.

Is that right?

anyways, the problem i have now is that when the knob i set to headlights "OFF", the screen dims and the map goes into night mode.

And when i manually turn the lights on the map goes into day mode and the screen brightens up.

isnt it supposed to be vice versa?

the autolights turn-on/off switch has no effect on the dim/nightmode fature either.

please help, this is annoying at night?

Perfect operations would be-

At night----->Headlights turn on (either manually or autmatically)----->D3 screen dims and goes into night mode.

During day----->Headlights off (either manually or autmatically)----->D3 brightens up and goes into daymode.

it used to do this when i had the stock DENSO cadi navigation........

help me make this happen with the d3 please.

thanks