AVIC411.com

2008 Ford Escape VSS

I was wondering if anyone knows where the VSS wire is in my 2008 Ford Escape Limited Edition. It is not the hybrid and it has the V6 engine (not the 4 cyl if that makes a difference). I know the newer fords used to have it behind the factory radio but in the new 2008 they removed it from that location. Any input would be appreciated, or is there a way to test for VSS wire?

This car is also pretty much the same as the 2008 Mercury Mariner, so the VSS wire will most likely be the same if anyone knows the VSS wire for that vehicle.

- 2008 Ford Escape V6 -

- Dan

Well I was playing with the truck a little bit today, below is a picture I took. I would just like someone confirm to me that I am pointing out the correct VSS Wire with the red arrow. The Purple/Orange Wire on the Three Connector PCM, Middle Connector, First Pin. That is what I was told is the wire and that is what matched up.

I still plan on testing the wire with a DMM on AC to make sure when I get a chance.

- Dan

post-13064-12872753286253_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

09-Speed Sense brown/green ac PCM, plug towards driver side, pin 3 or 25

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in the engine compartment, in the center of the firewall. This wire is not available on hybrid models

09-Speed Sense brown/green ac PCM, plug towards driver side, pin 3 or 25

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in the engine compartment, in the center of the firewall. This wire is not available on hybrid models

That wire did'nt work.