AVIC411.com

avic-8100nex 2nd Cam Input & Dash Cam

Hi all.

2nd camera input wont display image from dash cam.

Installing a Viofo A118C on the AV input (yellow RCA dongle) of an 8100nex. Already have a Pyle camera connected to the backup cam input (brown RCA). BU cam works fine.

I cant get the 2nd cam input to display the dash cam in any view (camera view or AV input.) If i switch the inputs and plug Pyle into yellow RCA and Viofo into brown RCA, both work, but then my back up cam trigger shows the dash cam video.

I've gone into settings and made sure all are accurate (2nd cam on, etc.) I've also confirmed cam formats are set proper (Auto, NTSC vs PAL, etc) on both the HU and the Viofo.

Anybody have a similar experience or solution? Is there something abt dash cam output that yellow RCA can't handle, but brown RCA can?

All help appreciated. Thanks! 

Thanks. That's what's not working tho. Dash cam will display on AV input, but when Input is set to Camera instead of Source, dash cam video doesnt display in Camera View along with BU cam.

I get the icon for camera switching and it works, but only switches between the BU cam and a blank display.

• 7 months later...

Posting for others who may encounter this problem. Issue was with the dashcam's video output and the RCA cable. Had to buy an OMTP to CTIA converter/adapter. 

Long boring story later, not all RCA cables and video outputs are the same. Some swap the position of the ground and video signal.

After the adapter, video signal was carried over the red RCA instead of yellow and the dashcam now displays properly using the 2nd cam input.