AVIC411.com

new to forum..need advice AVIC-D3 just purchased

I was told about this place by a fellow D-3 owner...said you guys might be able to lead me in the right direction.

Just purchased the Pioneer AVIC-D3 from amazon.com. Along with the D-3 I purchased the Bypass and IPOD adapter. Along with those pioneer specific Items I purchased the Wireing harness and dash kit from crutchfield.

I am planning on doing the install myself and am very anal about having EVERYTHING I need before the install. I am installing this in a 2007 Mustang GT (shaker 500).

Is there a step by step instruction that someone has put together on this install? Also what items will I need? How much wire? What colors? where to buy the wire? what crimp connectors would you suggest? VSS connect?

I want to do this right and have everything needed to complete this install. Any and all suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

This forum is great by the way!! glad to be here! :D

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3581800/tm.htm

take a look at this post. I'm following it Wednesday!

By the way, mine is an 07 Grabber Orange also. :lol:

Great choice on color!! Although this link does help somewhat... Are there no step by step instructions on our S197 mustangs? IE...remove stereo like this, next unplug this, splice in here, connect this...etc etc..?

man that would be helpful

the stock amplifier is on the left or right quarter panel you can get all your speaker wire and run it to the front.Also for the VSS wire is on the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in the front passenger side of the engine compartment.The color wire is dk. blue/yellow top plug, pin 3.The rest of the wires like 12v acc and ground can be found behind the stock radio after you remove it.

the stock amplifier is on the left or right quarter panel you can get all your speaker wire and run it to the front.Also for the VSS wire is on the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is in the front passenger side of the engine compartment.The color wire is dk. blue/yellow top plug, pin 3.The rest of the wires like 12v acc and ground can be found behind the stock radio after you remove it.

Please excuse my ignorance...but why would I need to run speaker wire or tap into the stock amplifire. I purchased the wireing kit for my paticular model...By connecting to this wouldnt it naturally use the factory amp? or am I completely off on this?

Thanks

Jarrod

I installed the D3 in my '06 GT. I also had the Shaker 500. The full-range speakers will use the amp in the D3. The only amp in the Shaker 500 system is for the subs in the doors. There is a wiring harness adapter that you can use to connect the D3 sub output to the factory sub-amp input. If you ordered the harness kit it should be in it.

You PURCHASED the bypass? How much did you pay?

Because you don't need anything to do the bypass.

Just what came with the unit.

Got it off EBAY for $17... again I am not a stereo expert..so I purchased what I thought I needed.

Here is the info on what I baught on Ebay

"You are buying all hardware needed to bypass you avic d3 . Which consist of 1 wire and 4 connectors. Not a complete harness . Just 1 wire and 4 connectors. This will allow for video to played while driving and all nav fuctions can be accessed while driving. OFF ROAD USE ONLY. I am not going to simply send you instruction on how to move a pin in your factory harness. . Those you can find free on www.avic411.com . The probelm is some people are having a hard time getting the wire out of the factory harness without breaking off the tip. So i have had these wires manufactured by the same company that makes the harness for pioneer. This is not a trick. it is the proper way to bypass the avic d3 . All instruction are included with the wire as well as connectors to connect all the wires to your factory vehicle wires. This is very simple and and anyone can do it.I am a mecp certified installer with 16 years in the car audio industry and this is how i bypass the d3."

I installed the D3 in my '06 GT. I also had the Shaker 500. The full-range speakers will use the amp in the D3. The only amp in the Shaker 500 system is for the subs in the doors. There is a wiring harness adapter that you can use to connect the D3 sub output to the factory sub-amp input. If you ordered the harness kit it should be in it.

So would you suggest I just use the harness provided to run the speakers? Or would you tap into the factory amp that the door subs are run off of?

There are actually 6 speakers in the doors. Each door has 1 tweeter, 1 woofer and 1 subwoofer. The tweeter and woofer are mounted together on a plate and provide full range sound. They are run off of the factory HU's built-in amp. The D3 will provide the built-in amp to power these. You will use the harness adapter to connect these. The subwoofers are powered by an external amp. There is a harness adapter available to connect to that as well. I'm fairly certain that Crutchfield provides the kit that includes both harnesses.

Got it off EBAY for $17... again I am not a stereo expert..so I purchased what I thought I needed.

"You are buying all hardware needed to bypass you avic d3 . Which consist of 1 wire and 4 connectors. Not a complete harness . Just 1 wire and 4 connectors. This will allow for video to played while driving and all nav fuctions can be accessed while driving. OFF ROAD USE ONLY. I am not going to simply send you instruction on how to move a pin in your factory harness. . Those you can find free on www.avic411.com . The probelm is some people are having a hard time getting the wire out of the factory harness without breaking off the tip. So i have had these wires manufactured by the same company that makes the harness for pioneer. This is not a trick. it is the proper way to bypass the avic d3 . All instruction are included with the wire as well as connectors to connect all the wires to your factory vehicle wires. This is very simple and and anyone can do it.I am a mecp certified installer with 16 years in the car audio industry and this is how i bypass the d3."

lol... you paid $17 bucks plus shipping for like a dollar or two worth of stuff you didn't even need.

None of this is necessary, just a way for this guy to make money from people that dont know you can do it for nothing. And he's LYING about getting it made from the same people as Pioneer.

None of this is necessary, just a way for this guy to make money from people that dont know you can do it for nothing. And he's LYING about getting it made from the same people as Pioneer.

Thanks for the heads up... sometimes when you dont have enough information about a paticular product or process you make poor purchases. In this case I did..... O well

lol... you paid $17 bucks plus shipping for like a dollar or two worth of stuff you didn't even need.

Your laughing at me for purchasing something I thought I needed? I found out about this site AFTER I made my purchase. haha (sarcastic laugh) A$$

Well he did mention this site right in his item description.

I would have checked it out at least.

And if you had you would have learned it was unnecessary.