Anyone needing wire info

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
[quote]Reverse Light yellow + kick panel, harness to rear

Speed Sense white/blue cruise module in Drivers Kick Panel[/quote]

Does that mean that there are two wires in two different places that make up the vss and speed pulse wires that need to be connected to the unit? Please forgive my ignorance. But it may turn out that it is I or the installer that screwed up the first two times that tries to fix it.

Thanks much! -Matt-
No that's 2 different wires. One of them is the reverse wire which tells the avic when the car is in reverse and the other one labeled speed sense is the vss wire you're looking for. I just post both out of habit. Saves people from asking for the vss and then later having to ask for the reverse wire.

The color listed the first one is the color of the majority of the wire, the second color is the color of the stripe on it. If the installer knows anything just show him the post and he'll know what to do with the info.
2005 Acura RSX

Reverse Light green + kick panel, harness to rear

Speed Sense blue/white ECM/PCM, white 31 pin plug, pin 26
Notes: The ECM/PCM is under the glove box.

If the vehicle is equipped with cruise control, the wire can also be found at the cruise control unit to the left of the gas pedal.

Merry xmas
Speed Sense gray/black 8 PCM
Notes: The PCM is located at the top of the firewall towards the passenger side, the tan/yellow tach wire is also found at the back of the instrument cluster.

That's all the info I have. Though you might be able to pick it up at the radio haness. If your stock radio had speed control volume then there should be a gray/black wire in the radio harness too. I would assume you could get it at the cruise control module too, but I don't know where that is and without the truck in front of me I could say for sure. Oh and to end all of my posts with wire info the same way.....

Merry xmas
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Oh and to end all of my posts with wire info the same way.....

Merry xmas[/quote]
:) Merry Christmas cntry! :) REMEMBER! Next time you drive up to NYC, you better drop me a line and be ready to hook up my VSS wire for me for some $$ ;)
PaisanNYC. Not a problem where about in ny are you anyway?

kydodge here ya go again I think

Reverse Light white/lt. green + harness at top of driver fender

Speed Sense dk. blue/orange (SRT-10 only) PCM, black/gray plug, pin 27
Notes: The PCM is on the passenger side firewall. The black/gray plug is the second plug down from the top.

Merry xmas