AVIC411.com

Anyone needing wire info

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to hassle you with this but i needs LOTS of help. I need the VSS and reverse wire for a 2003 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG. Also where are they located, specifically? Also, a terminal that is always supplied with power?
Could I do this right of the mercedes wiring harness on my command unit? my stereo is the harmon logic without the navigation.

I am using a AVIC Z1... The reason I ask is cause i heard there are only two spots where u can hit a 12V power source the rest are like 5V or something..

thanks in advance
hehe jimmy actually i have everything installed and everything works great except for the VSS wire now.. thats all I need... The fiber optic cable goes to the speakers amps in the trunk.. from this location WIRES WIRES WIRES run to the speakers... all u have to do is clip those wires and run them to your headunit.. works great!!!

I'm sooooo sick of people thinking a mercedes is impossible to install a head unit on when its actually pretty simple, especially using factory speakers... where there is will there is always a way!

All i need is the VSS wire and we will be set folks please please please help me find it, although the GPS is working good without it...
Make sure you use some kind of crossovers on the midrange and tweeters, if there isn't one there, I can't remember from my CLK from a while back. The VSS that keeps coming up in all my databases is a green with a black stripe @ the radio harness, but try checking at the amp, also.
cntryluvr should I run a cross over then? do you run those inline with the speaker wire... grr how does this crossover thing work folks... please help me.. also location of the green black wire would be great

what crossover should i buy with my setup? do you have aim or something countrylvr so i could ask you a few of these questions quickly?