AVIC411.com

Anyone needing wire info

I called up a good soure and found out no cross over is needed. The tweeters are run in parellel with the speakers from factory. So when I get the wires in the back trunk there is just the power and ground wire for the from left speaker. When tweeter and speaker are run in parallel there is already a bass blocker that was attached to the tweeter in order to prevent this from occuring. Therefore there is no need for a crossover cause the bass blocker is protecting the tweeters. =) tis true?
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this thread:
[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3063]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3063[/url]

dwhitley0381 suggests that there's a way to direct wire the existing steering wheel controls to the Z1 in a Ford F-150.

Here's my question: Do you know if and how can this be done in an F-350? I was going to try a Peripherals PEZWIX interface to do the job, but if it can be done directly then I might as well give it a shot. He intimated that Pioneer made the nav unit for the F-150 (NOT offered in the Super Duties - heaven only knows why not) and that that made the job doable.

So, if you can help, please let me know - specifics are always nice.
Thanks in advance.

joe
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how hard it would be to install the AVIC-Z1 into a 06 civic. I read that the VSS wire is on the harness due to the fact that the stock radio has a speed sensitive volume control. But when I went to a local installer, I was told that ther speed wire is hard to locate so the installation would be more than normal. If that wire is on the harness, could someone please verify that. That way I can do the install myself and save some cash!!
Thank
[quote name="jrf123185"]Ok so what about the VSS and reverse sensor on a 2001 Chevy Silverado? And how do most people run their gps antenna in a crew cab Silverado? I was thinking up the front pillar and through the headliner and out the 3rd brake light. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ryan[/quote]

2001 Silverado

Speed Sense dk. green/white ECM
Notes: ECM is located near the battery, down low, between the fender and the fan under the black plastic cover. On the 4.3L, the VSS wire is at pin 3 in the connector labeled black. On the 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L, the VSS wire is located in pin 50 of the red connector.

You also may be able to get it at the radio harness, same color. The reverse wire is light green in the drivers kick if I remember correctly.

merry xmas
  • 3 weeks later...
First of all, thank you for doing this service to the community.

I installed the Z1 on my 1997 Infiniti Q45, but have not hooked up to the speed sensor. Also, I don't have a backup camera yet, but would like to hook that as well.

Can you please help me point to the sensor wire for tapping the speed pulse? I heard somewhere that the speed sensor cannot be retrieved from the ECU.

Appreciate your help. Thanks a lot!
Phal
First of all, thank you for doing this service to the community.

I installed the Z1 on my 1997 Infiniti Q45, but have not hooked up to the speed sensor. Also, I don't have a backup camera yet, but would like to hook that as well.

Can you please help me point to the sensor wire for tapping the speed pulse? I heard somewhere that the speed sensor cannot be retrieved from the ECU.

Appreciate your help. Thanks a lot!
Phal