AVIC411.com

Upgraded my Avic-D2 with CNDV-70MTP disc and no longer works

So I put in the "West" disc, with the new CNDV-70MTP disc into my Avic-D2.

Everything seemed to go just fine. It came up with an install screen and two bars and said it was updating the firmware.

It finished and said it was successful.

Then it went back to the welcome screen and my radio and everything works just fine.

This morning (I did this late last night) I decided to try my new nifty NAV disc out. Much to my surprise when I go to enter a destination, I can't enter one.

The buttons are there, POI, Address Search, etc. but they appear unselectable.

It's almost like when you don't have your parking brake up and you try to enter a destination.

I've done the hack with the ground wire and mute in the harness and before the upgrade it worked fine. I could enter addresses without having the parking brake up. My wife could enter it while we were moving so there were no problems there.

Now I can't use it at all.

Anyone have any ideas? I still have my old discs as well, but I'm assuming those probably won't work now.

I used Alcohol to burn it, and as I wrote, when I put the new disk in the firmware updated and showed a successful screen.

After that it rebooted and everything seems to work except for my ability to enter addresses.

If it were a bad burn I would suspect it would give me a disc error.

I read a thread that someone with a Z1 had to change the way he bypassed his unit AFTER he updated the firmware with a new disc. The updated firmware changed the way the unit behaved so he had to change the way he bypassed the parking brake.

I'm thinking that is the cause. I posted the same message in the "Hack" forum asking if people had that problem or if they thought that might be the culprit.

Thanks guys I'll try the reset.

As for the zone thing I can't even get to to that screen because I can't enter an address.

That's why I thought it might be the bypass thing because it behaves as if the parking brake isn't engaged. All the buttons for navigation are grayed out.

As far as I've read on this board I believe the D3 uses different discs, but don't hold me to that I'm not certain.