AVIC411.com

Upgraded my Avic-D2 with CNDV-70MTP disc and no longer works

Mine did the same thing, when you upgrade again, if you have this problem, if you have anything connected via the data cable (im drawing a blank on what it's called) ie XM radio disconnect it and see if it works. I bet it does. This is what happened to me. I can't remember what exactly I ended up doing, but I know that I reset the XM unit, checked all my wiring, and reconnected everything AFTER the upgrade, and even had to send a re-activate code to my XM unit, and it finally started working.

ps, feel free to email me with any more info, for some reason my spam filter blocks notifications from this forum, and sometimes I get them, sometimes I dont

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a MDS file of the upgrade disk. Burt it in alcohol 120 and it updated my system. I then realized the upgrade erased my boot up and background photos. I added them to the upgrade disk and the D2 wont accept the disk. It loaded he bootup photo, but says wrong disk if I try to go into settings.

I also unplugged my XM before upgrading.

This sucks! Anyone?

• 5 months later...

i tried three times today to burn this image via alcohol twice and power iso once and all three times my d2 says please insert appropriate disc...can some1 who burnt this successfully tell me what they did?

EDIT: sorry i didn't read all related posts b4 posting and i found this post http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8959&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=cndv70mtp&start=30 ...i didn't check the boot option when i burned and i was using memorex discs...i will try verbatim discs and checking this option tomorrow