AVIC411.com

Hi everyone,

I just finished (4:00 am) installing my AVIC-D3 with bluetooth and ipod and I hooked up the VSS wire after doing the bypass. I have an 05 Subaru WRX wagon and everything seems to be working perfectly but the CEL just popped up. :shock:

Anyone know how I could have triggered this?

Thanks for any help.

ps. I went at the VSS through the gauge shroud.

The only thing I can think of would be something with the gauges. Nothing on the stereo circuit would ever cause a CEL. Unhook the wire from wherever you hooked it up for the VSS, unhook your batteery for 5 minutes, and restart the car and see if the CEL still comes up. Who knows... It could even be completely unrelated, just coincidental.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with my Toyota Tacoma. Ahem, professionally installed, by Car Toys. Trouble light came on and dealership told me it was the speed sensor, one time occurance. They cleared the code but it came back the next day. Back at Car Toys all they did was disconnect it, told me that they only connect it 50% of the time anyway because it is not really needed. Now my GPS is really funked up. Good news though the trouble light is gone, woohoo? Not clear on how they had things hooked up but I am going back for the 4th time insisting on a new unit and that they check out the whole damn harness situation. This is getting frustrating.