AVIC411.com

Improvments the new D4 should have. Feel free to add........

the new d4 should have-

-rds

-ability to display ipod album artwork along with track info. (Instead of click wheel being visible it should be album artwork)

-birds eyeview nav

-presets should remain lit when chosen so that you can easlily see what station your on. (The current text is TOO small to be able and see at a quick glance).

-some text should be bigger. (The current text is TOO small to be able and see at a quick glance).

-two dvd drives. one for dvd/cd, etc...and another for for nav disc.

-screen should be a full 7 in if not at least 6.5 inches.

-ability to choose ipod videos like we currently do with the songs. (Instead of having to use the ipod to go to next video, etc...)

-dual zone capablity/ (we're already paying $1000+ right?)

-better routing

-maybe switch to NavTec instead of using TeleAtlas

-ability to display whatever is being dispalyed on screen onto rear monitors Including nav, av interface, etc...(N3 and N4 do it. Why can the D4)

cant think of anymore right now, but when i do ill be back to add more.

please feel free to unload on this thead

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. A 10 gig hard drive for the navigation so the DVD drive can be used at all times. They're insanely small nowadays, so I know Pioneer could fit one in there somewhere. That would be much better than adding a second disk drive.

2. Iron out the kinks in the navigation system.

3. Make the beeps and voice assist volume sensitive.

4. Add screen savers and a spectrum analyzer.

Other than that, it's pretty much perfect IMO.

I'm surprised that this isn't discussed more but a feature that I would really like to see is the ability to show song information (even if it's very small and only the artist and title of song) on the navigation map screen. There is plenty of space and I don't understand why they don't make that an option. I like to keep my nav on all the time but I also like to see what artist and song is playing too so it's always an issue of me having to go back and forth between screens.

In addition, I'll second the request to add 10GB or more of internal memory so that there isn't a need to have two drives as well as a 7" screen.

a feature that I would really like to see is the ability to show song information (even if it's very small and only the artist and title of song) on the navigation map screen.

Every time the song changes while I'm viewing the map, the track info pops up on the bottom of the screen.

couldnt some of those improvements be added to the D3 via firmware upgrade? I would love album art from the ipod, or a slideshow/screen saver function.

possibility to add different voicetracks like a tom tom.

have the navigation turn down the music volume for guidence announcements and then fade it back up.

better smaller remote.

built in dimmer instead of running another wire.

long wiring harness so it is easier to install.

bigger screen

mute button, not just holding the volume knob down for 2 seconds.

on off switch.

internet/data via bluetooth phone. POI info lookup via bluetooth phone, weather, song info etc. Equilizer profiles, backgrounds, etc.

that's all I can think of now

edit:

since this is a wish list,

built in bluetooth

built in xm

some way to back up the config incase of power loss.

sd card slot to load custom backgrounds, mp3s, map data, etc.

I reallize I am getting a bit greedy here.

I would really like to see is the ability to show song information (even if it's very small and only the artist and title of song) on the navigation map screen.

If you have a remote you can hit up on your remote and it will display that info for a few seconds. This works for all sources except the radio (XM also) sources. Hitting up with those sources will change stations.

you cant do it like he said.

you can only adjust the volume of the voice guidance and the beep volume.

all you can choose between is overlaying the voice guidance over radio/music sound or having it mute the radio/music sound.

what we want is the voice guidance to be louder than the stereo/music when the guidance comes on.

the way it should be-

guidnace comes on-----music volume lowers and voice guidnace volume increases-----guidance comes off-----music volume resumes normal level

I HEAR YA!

but there is a reason the d3 is lame! cuz its cheap! and i wouldnt have it any other way!

i can almost garantee that the d4 will look identical to the d3. just look at the jump from n1-2-3 or d1-2 or z1-2. pioneer wont just throw all they developed on the d3 out the window and start new with d4. so i can pretty much say for sure that there will not be a bigger screen or motorization and no extra dvd slots. perhaps they will create a unit to fit in between the 1000 and 2200 dollar price range

I would like to see a USB port or at least compatibility with the USB add-on.

That way I can just use a USB hard drive and dump the MP3 player monopoly that is iPod.

I'd also like to see them get away from proprietary operating systems and use something like Windows Automotive. In the PDA/Smartphone world, Windows Mobile is very well hacked and people have figured out how to install newer OS versions and applications into older phones that were never intended to accept such updates.

Have a large digital clock on the display when playing music (make it selectable incase you don't want it). My factory stereo had the clock on it, was large and easy to see.

Make the maps more detailed. I don't care if it would need 3 DVDs to accomplish this.

Re-think the warning at start-up. Instead of pressing the button every time, how about the first 10 times. Then every 20 times or so after that make it appear for a few seconds then disappear. That should appease the lawyers. Pressing OK everytime you turn the ignition on is annoying.

The ability to use USB drives would be cool. But only if it don't add too much to the cost.

Also in the category of "only if it don't cost too much"... How about having a way to change the color of the buttons. I am lucky they match my interrior, but several cars I've put them in to do not match.