AVIC411.com

Has anyone done a search for 'Avic' on ebay lately?
I can identify about half of the listed units as being fraudulent. :twisted: :shock: :evil:

Dozens of brand new Avics supposedly sold by a seller in China but under the sellers name it says he's in Sweden.
Dozens more supposedly in Hong Kong with a different name -- Sweden.
Read the feedbacks and you'll see that the seller has never sold anything like a stereo, let alone Nav before. Typically someone has hijacked someone elses ebay account. Other times they've bought lots of penny stuff to establish a 100% feedback rating and than hit you with a barrage of expensive things such as Avics.
Nice price though, only $200 or so.

I've contacted ebay with several of the listing #s and those were promptly pulled by the next day. ..... Only to find a whole bunch of new ones with the identical scenario.

There have been others that tell you to contact them by email before bidding. They want to scam you outside the ebay umbrella. Ask if they want to send it COD.

Then there are the con artists that show you a heading and a picture of an Avic, complete with full specs and description of the unit when in fact they're selling nothing more than a lead for a place where you can supposedly by one cheap. Currently bids are up to nearly $500 for that lead.

Even if you find a legit seller, BEWARE, because Pioneer won't honor the warranty if he's not a factory authorized retailer. :(
1397 - plus they wil try and sell you a 3 year warranty for 400.00 - bring them down to 150 and i tis worth it (i did) - this is the lowest price (from a credible place) on the net and i got the ipod adapter and xm nav traffic - all for 1850 - shipped (that includes a ridiculously prices 165.00 insurance and 65 shipping. - not bad - all in all this is probably the lowest price out there right now.