AVIC411.com

New N4 owner. Not overly impressed. Need some advise please!

Hey everyone... I'm glad to see there is such a strong community for AVIC owners. I'm a new N4 owner myself and have a couple of questions. Some of them may be kind of dumb, but please bear with me... :)

1.) Is there a way to create animated images for the N4? Either animated icons or animated backgrounds? Everything seems so "blah" on it right now. Nothing moves and it's not very flashy to look at... heh.

2.) Is there a way to load screensavers into the unit? Where after X mins, the screen flips over to the chosen screensaver and plays it...

3.) What is the latest firmware, or disk set available for the N4? Is it the CNDV-70MTP, or are there others out there that would work with this unit?

4.) Are there any other customizable features for this unit? Besides what's in the owners manual of course...

I have to admit. I've only owned the N4 for a couple of weeks now... It sounds nice and it has good nav options, but I'm not overly impressed with it thus far... It's not the easiest to get around in the menus, and it's not very flashy. I mean, nothing at all "moves" in the menus... Even the D3 has the little strip across the top with the white bar that moves across the screen - this is by far the most static system i've ever owned and I really hope, even with a lot of effort, that there are things I can do to make it a little more interesting to look at!

It kind of reminds me of something an older retired guy would buy when he wants to travel...

Any thoughts/suggestions anyone? And again, please bear with me!