AVIC411.com

New Pioneer map upgrades

Seems like Pioneer finally got their game together and released the new map software on sd card for the s1 but its rediculously priced at 150 bucks. If you guys know anyone who paid for it please find out if they can rip the map info from the sd card and burn it to a disk or something. They can post it on one of the bit torrent sites and then we will be able to upgrade our crummy nav systems with better maps and better directions. Anything to save us some cash would be highly appreciated.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I dunno. I'm happy to have gotten it all working too... except... no bluetooth functionality is kind of a bummer. And, although the maps are better, I kinda like the factory GUI better. Still trying to decide which I like better. Which factory firmware are you guys running? I read somewhere that some units are shipped out with more recent firmware. Mine has to be the oldest, I'm sure. I've had this thing forever!