AVIC411.com

New Pioneer map upgrades

hey smoothj....i have mine on the flash disk.and will keep it there since we all know pioneer will not make updates for free...and miomaps will always be free.... it does not crash unless u hit off / on swittch on back....then just resarts the program to wince.....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an AVIC-S1. The maps are old. I have tried to purchase the upgrade from Pioneer but site says "out of stock ... re-stock will be in minimum of 60 days" When I called Pioneer customer service.. was told "we do not know when or if we will be getting any more in. Would you consider upgrading to a newer system with more features.". Umm..... no... these features are fine.. I just want an up-to-date map...

I see people listing download sites and such.. but how do you get these downloads onto an SD?

Can the AVIC-S1 be upgraded via a direct connect?

I even tried the NAVTEQ site. they don't even list portable Pioneer units.

(Can you tell I am not real techincal with GPS.. sorry :( )

Any help would be sincerely appreciated..

thanks

Do not have to techincal with GPS just gotta have a lil cpu knowledge...read all the stuff me and psiekchicago have put on the site...if u dont understand...then email me..then maybe we can do im one evening and i can get u going with miomap....pretty easy...only thing that takes a lil while is downloading the maps...oh email is jfent@hotmail.com

Took about 4 hours to do mine but that was alot of missed steps and such. Now my only problem is that it doesn't want to stay on the right time. When in WCE mode under Time I can't get down to the part for TimeZone but I'm still working on it. I think I'll start looking for .ini and .txt files if I can find it in there to change.

It's a bit of a pain, but you can search for a WinCe program called "Movewindow." You can then edit the navdce cab file to install it along with the others. It lets you move around the "Date and Time" control panel window, and then you can adjust the time zone.

Alternatively, you can go into the GPS config window in miomap and put in a couple of hours adjustment...