AVIC411.com

New Pioneer map upgrades

Sure ....all you have to do is tap very bottm of screen..it will bring up the lil toolbar...click on the windows flag left hand corner...it will bring up programs, favorites and so on...well click programs..then u will see bluesoleill...click it...now the bluetooth symbol will be in toolbar on bottom right hand corner...click that ...now you will see turn bluetooth off...bluetooth mamanger...click bluetooth manager, then explore bluetooth device...set your phone up...once u have done that...exit...now click the bluetooth symbol once again...now click the bluetooth hf phone...now you will see the same screen as the pioneer s1 bluetooth...then pretty much just do what you did with pioneer s1.....u do not have to do this everytime....make sure u cut off your s1 by the button on top and not the button in back...if u cut switch off from back u will have to redo everything....hope this helps...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one know where I can get a copy of the miomaps and please tell me how to load it .

Thank's :wink:

This was provided to me by the very helpful Chicago...

Hi

Step by step:

1. Unlock your Windows CE by this tool:

http://benji46.free.fr/GPS/WinCE%20Unlocker%20V4.rar

Unpack it on your SD card.

2. Download MIOMap (this is release for Becker, but works very well)

http://rapidshare.com/files/48283711/Ywhtkdks.rar

and unpack it to My Flash Disk\MNAV

Folder MAPS have to be copied on SD Card.

Now, just run MNAVDCE.EXE.

If GPS doesn't work, change in sys.txt baud to 4800. (How to do it I inlcude it in attachment)

Maps:

http://www.mybittorrent.com/info/672897/

This link is better I think:

http://www.btmon.com/Applications/Unsor ... rrent.html

If u know how to use torrent files to download then just uncheck all europe maps and download only USA maps for each state.

Any problems ask me.

Just got Miomap 3.3 installed. I put everything on a 2GB SD card, and just run it off of there. No rewriting the Pioneer files, so if I remove the SD card and hard reset, it just boots normally. Seems to work fine (including Bluetooth), except for:

1) The empty black bubble as others have noted

2) Text to speech seems to be disabled. Anyone know how to get this to work (I PM'd the post-er above who said they got it working too).

BTW, the 2nd torrent link listed above works much better. I downloaded the US and Canada maps (~ 1.8GB) in 40 minutes - almost 900k/sec. Awesome.

Props to jfent. Awesome. Works perfectly as advertised! Much better POI database and overall interface is excellent. This is the first time in months I haven't wanted to toss this POS out the window...

Update: The "empty" black bubble is just an error in the skin applied. This is fixed in the above version which employs a different skin. I have also tried another skin which works. It is likely any skin for miomap 3.3 will work on this device (as long as they are formatted for 320x240).

Cool, I'd love to hear how the skins work for everyone. I am a bit curious as the ones on this page involve changing the data.zip file entirely vs. just adding a new file to the "skin" folder... I'd especially like to get a split screen skin that works. The "Riks" skin works on my device, but I can't get the slpit screen mode to pop up...

Completely unrelated question for those running miomap 3.3 off the flash disk vs. off the SD card:

I run mine from the SD card to leave my flash disk unmolested. This works fine, except that if I don't exit the app when before I shut down using the button on top, it will crash and go back to the wince desktop when I turn it back on. Does this happen when running the app from the flash disk too? If not, I will probably bite the bullet and copy it over.

Also, how does it know to read the map files from the SD card when the navdce app resides on the flash disk?