AVIC411.com

dvd downloads

hello, I am sure that this topic may be here somewhere but I am not sure where to look,

I fiqured this forum would be the best place to ask, is there a safe website that I can download and burn movies free. some sites say free but then they want to charge a membership charge, is this normal? I have heard some of these sites can harm your computer. also can someone explain the different versions of video, I have seen different acronyms like avi, torrent etc. thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... you can always use Limewire to download things. Bit-torrent programs like azureus also work well. The legality of the things you download is a whole different matter. Most of the content that is out there is probably not legal for you to download, and some of it may contain viruses and other things. You are free to take your own chances and grab whatever you like from the download sites though.

avi, mpg, and wmv are all video types. Most should play through windows media player, some require special codec downloads. Codecs can be tricky to find the right one to play your video... especially divx stuff. There are lots of other players that make this easier, just google around for divx players like VLC Media Player.

• 2 months later...

1. Download DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink

2. Buy a DVD burner if you don't already have one

3. Buy a big ass spindle of DVD-R's

4. Go to Blockbuster and sign up for the movie pass. It's like $34 a month for all the movies you could possibly rent.

WARNING. THIS IS NOT LEGAL. IF YOU DO THIS YOU MIGHT GO TO JAIL AND BE RAPED BY A BIG BURLY MAN.

• 3 weeks later...