AVIC411.com

W4500nex issues w/ carplay wireless on 13 pro / Any better headunits out there?

My W4500nex worked great with my iPhone 11pro for 2 years. Switched to a 13 pro and nothing but problems with auto reconnect not working. Researching seems to reveal lots of others with this issue. Many say problem is SD card issue and new SD card fixes.

Irritating that no official w4500 firmware for download on pioneer support that I could flash to a quality sd card & be good to go. Rather you have to buy new preflashed junker card off ebay or pacparts.

It just seems a really odd problem to have. My previous W4400 had available firmware. All of the other nex units from low end to high end seem to have firmware available on pioneers site. Pisses me off & think it's quirky that w4500 doesn't.

Just wondering if this is indicative of something larger with w4500 and should bail ?

So wondering if others have tried and/or prefer any other mfg headunit specific to reliable wireless carplay with late iphones (13/14)?

Just trying to figure where to go from here. 

Thanks for the discussion!