AVIC411.com

Avh2avic from Asd

Has anyone else bought the sd card from asd on ebay avh2avic? I bought one from him last year and just got around flashing my 4500 to 8500. Everything works great but Mrr. He had sent an email with instructions to program Mrr after the flash so it would work which I can't seen to locate. I am sure with what's going on with Russia/Ukraine he is being sanctioned. And may not be able to help.Question is again if someone has also done the swap here maybe someone would have the instructions and could help me out. The serial # didn't change but in Maestro I can't select the 8500 and use the 4500 serial # as it doesn't accept I had tried just reflashing the mrr with normal model # 4500 and it's serial # no luck it doesn't communicate. 

Here is what I received regarding Maestro.. Hope it's helpful.

Hello

After replacing the SD card, the "Device Model" of your radio has changed. Now he's AVIC-W8500NEX

you need to reprogram MRR.
download Weblink Desktop to flash your module
https://www.idatalinkmaestro.com/en

select you car and AVIC-W8500NEX model and specify Device ID: Sbtm002063uc

also you need to change the Device ID in the radio
you must use the same number: Sbtm002063uc

pdf instruction how to change Device iD in radio:
https://mega.nz/file/7AJ2QDoY#2X7Y3WYWXrkw3bmVv2QqCk88nhqtbxa9Vz4K_e1jcc4

You're welcome. I'd be appreciative of a long term report after you've lived with it for a week or two.  Stability? Full functionality? Do you find that the in-built nav messes with accessing apple maps or waze at all with voice commands, etc. My SD card came back to life just after I ordered the AvhtoAvic so I've been holding off. Good luck.

• 4 months later...