AVIC411.com

2008 Ford Super Duty OEM Nav unit Hacks Bypass???

Does anyone have any info yet about making this radio really do something good. Motion Bypass would be nice... Please Help or let me know who may need an expensive paper weight. Thanks, Jordan

cant help you on the hack, but i would be interested in that paperweight

• 1 year later...

Boys I'm doing this from memory, so please don't lynch me if I miss a step. Please try if interested and let me know results. If for some reason I miss a step, be patient, I will figure it out. My nav now allows me to access POI's while the vehicle is in motion. You will not find this on internet. I finally found out at work.

Here we go!

1. Take vehicle outside and agree to nav instructions. The gps needs to know its position.

2. Push hard nav button (on right side of radio). Go to your address book. Pick any of one of your saved addresses. Now that address is highlighted, look to right and push soft edit button. You will now see name of saved address.

3. Clear name of saved address and type in F-DEVELOP ON

(make sure to put space between DEVELOP and ON).

4. Now look to the upper left corner and you will see the word ADDRESS. Place your finger directly under the A and hold. If you do this right, the screen should change to the map screen.

5. Now push your hard menu button (on left side of radio). Across top of radio push soft SECURITY button. You have now entered security screen. You will see nothing in the right most corner of nav screen. Push your finger and hold in that position till the screen changes.

6. You now have entered a parameter screen. Locate DRIVING RESTRICTIONS release. When you push the button it should change to driving restrictions stop. Exit the screen by pushing the soft BACK button.

7. Congrats you have just programmed your factory nav radio. NOTE: Every time you turn your vehicle off, you will need to repeat steps 5 & 6.

Good luck and enjoy. If you choose to monkey around with your other parameters, do so at your own risk. I will not be responsible for your dealer service call. If you have any further questions, please pm me and I will do my best to help. This programming sequence should work for only the so called first generation navs. It will not work in the MY09, second generation. This has been used to reprogram many MY 07 and MY 08 Ford vehicles.

Something cool - once you do the above instructions:

Press the sensor mode info button

15844_1157405140789_1397564133_30403366_6840641_n.jpg

Then it will bring up this screen. Touch any of the round dials, and you can select their function from the buttons on right.

How to get this info to display on the screen? The Pioneer AVIC units (which is what this nav system is) will allow this info to be displayed on the screen

15844_1157405100788_1397564133_30403365_2913149_n.jpg

There are a few pages of menu items. Who has an explanation of what they do?

For example - what is bound box display flag?

• 1 year later...

Can't remember the tab name, but looks like it is possible to add your own custom picture.

Also, there is a tab that will allow you to change logo to ford, mercury or Mazda.

There is also a tab that will allow you to totally change the default menu and screen colors.

Just gotta play around in that parameters screen.