AVIC411.com

Has anyone else updated their iPod touch to the 2.0 firmware? I did and now it seems that my F700 will not recognize it. I'm not using the Pioneer adapter, rather I have the official Apple connector between the iPod and the headunit; which worked just fine before updating.

Anyone else have this issue or has tried using the new 3G iPhone? I'm hoping using the Pioneer adapter will allow this to all work again.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll back the firmware. If that's what's caused it, it should work again. If it still doesn't work, I don't know what to tell ya. If the new firmware is causing it not to work, roll back the firmware, and avoid updating it until another firmware update is released.

I too updated my iPod Touch last night to the new firmware. I love the new apps and additional stuff they have added to the Touch.

When I plugged in my iPod to listen to a podcast on my way to work it no longer works!!! DAMN YOU MONKEYS!!!

Why blame Pioneer for a firmware update by Apple?

Silly Apple junkies.

I know... it was the same way when Apple rolled out the new "classic" ipods and the video output wasn't compatible with the D3 any more and people were bad mouthing Pioneer because of it. You can't blame a piece of equipment for being incompatible with something that happened or was made AFTER it was built.

I am definitely not an Apple junkie! I'm just getting annoyed with this head unit and Pioneer being slow to address the issues. I know I just need to tough it out and wait for the fixes to come.

If it were a quick fix, they'd have been done a month ago. I'm not software writer, but I don't think it's easy to re-write and fix bugs when most of the components are sub-contracted out to other manufacturers. In my line of work, fixing stuff is easy. Its the troubleshooting and finding out exactly what causes the problems thats a pain in the @ss. I'm not making excuses for them, just pointing out reality.

Last night I tried using the same cord I use to charge the iTouch from any USB Connection and it still will not even charge, yet the iTouch charges and works fine in all the other computer and wall chargers I have. I would think the USB connection on the F700 would at least be standard when it comes to charging an USB device. I'm having a real hard time convincing myself this is only an Apple issue based on all the other problems I'm having with this unit.