Search Archive

Sticking with waiting for F-Series Re-Release

By user587548 · Jun 28, 2008in Pre-Release Archive💬 7 posts👁️ 3,156 views
Posted Jun 28, 2008 · 00:41 UTC#1

There is alot of talk of "too many issues/bugs" and no longer considering buying the F-Series, while others who have installed the 700, 900 or 90 are happy with the units and don't mind giving Pioneer the chance to "fix" these reported issues that were so quickly recognized after released.

 

I am one of the ones that is staying optimistic about the F-Series and holding about (very patiently) for my 90bt to be shipped. Maybe I'm just a sucker for new technology gadgets, but Pioneers in my opinion is setting the new standard for the next generation of multimedia units. (If they went with Linux we probably wouldn't be having issues lol). Personally I think all the chatter at this time is pre-mature considering Pioneers clear efforts to put emphasis on resolving these issues with shipment holds.

 

To be fair to all the posts about the negative response to the F-Series I thought a poll to show both side would be helpful to those still undecided!

Posted Jun 28, 2008 · 01:02 UTC#2

I have 30 days to return mine so Im going to give them about 10 more days to push out SOME kind of fix and if not, mine is going back. I like the unit but it's got tons of issues like everyone else has said. If I dont see some kind of fix within 10 days or so, Im going to trade it in for a Kenwood.

Posted Jun 28, 2008 · 19:44 UTC#3

It will be worth waiting for IF its not a half-ass update.

 

The major things in my mind are:

 

Responsiveness

Bootup time

BT quality and ability to pull up keypad during call

Save zoom level of nav after shut off

2D nav mode changed so north isn't always up

Get rid of empty boxes and "cockpit" arrival time box if no dest plotted

Get rid of "comma" and decrease static when voices talking

Easier way to suspend/delete route

 

PLEASE let this magical update fix half of those things and I'll be happy.

Posted Jun 29, 2008 · 01:22 UTC#4

I'll keep waiting for it, since I sold the D3 already :(

Now I'm stuck w/o a radio.

Posted Jun 30, 2008 · 07:10 UTC#5

I've been rather pleased with my unit. Its not working perfectly yet, but I think once Pioneer releases the firmware it probably will fix all my problems, and once that happens, its the best deal on the Nav market, most features built in for the least money

Posted Jun 30, 2008 · 08:14 UTC#6

Pros outweigh the cons and for the most part I am content with my F90BT. When the update comes out it'll only make things better.

Posted Jun 30, 2008 · 14:06 UTC#7

i have the 700 bt and to be honest the bugs dont really bother me anymore. aside from the long bootup time, which doesnt seem that long anymore, i work around the bugs. i dont use vr cataloging, i use 3d mapping so im always facing north, when i get a call, i answer it and goto options -> use phone on my cell. its not the same but at least the music is still muted.

 

its still deffinitly worth it despite the bugs it has, IMO