Hey guys. Theres a thread about this problem that Im having already. (GPS freezes & no worky) But today I went to the place where I purchased it from, & they told me that it is a defective unit. AHH! Just bought this thing a week ago! (manf. Dec 2006) Here are my options... return the whole thing & get my money back or keep that unit in there until they can get one in from back order? Hmm z1 been on back order z2 comes in march/april. Well I still have to wait for either unit. Just which conclusion would you guys go with?
NEED OPINION...
get even, return it, do without till what you want comes available
I'll second that. Odds are they won't be getting anymore z1s.
I'd return it and wait for the Z2. Better for resale purposes if you need to get rid of it and would have the newest software
I'll second that. Odds are they won't be getting anymore z1s.
Well he said if no z1 comes in by the time the z2 comes out, then he will give me a "hookup" on the z2 price.
Return it and demand a Z2! Keep all of your accessories in place to hookup to the Z2. Just sing to yourself and use your map for now.
Good luck.
Kevin
Does anyone know that the z2 for sure will be in stores by April? Just hate to get the new z2 and it freezes on me like the z1 did. This sucks...
Nothing is for certain but that is the slated month for delivery of the first Z2 shipments.
There are also no guarantees that a new Z2 won't freeze up on you. It's a random defect that can occur in any nav system let alone the Pioneer AVIC-Z1.
Keep in mind that there are a lot of Z1s out there that don't freeze up. Its just bad luck that you got a popsicle.
Kevin