AVIC411.com

2002 Superduty Install

I've done some searching on the site and found some installs in 2005 superduty trucks....

I've got a 2002 excursion and want to install a D2 that I have laying around, just wondering if anyone has done the install? I am trying to make sure that I get the right dash kit, and the one I see on Crutchfied does not look right to me.

I posted becuase I think there are some differences between the 02 and 05 dash....

Thanks!

I have an 04 Super Duty and my g/f's father has an 01 Excursion. We both have the D3 installed. The pre-05's are not a true double DIN so the install is not just an easy swap.

His was installed at Circuit City and it sits kind of behind the dash trim. I shaved the top and bottom of the opening down with a file and used Best Kits BKFMK552 to mount it. And yes it is an 04 with the 05-07 lower dash panel installed. I upgraded the lower dash so I could have the upfitters with a factory look.

New_Dash-01.jpg

I have an 04 Super Duty and my g/f's father has an 01 Excursion. We both have the D3 installed. The pre-05's are not a true double DIN so the install is not just an easy swap.

His was installed at Circuit City and it sits kind of behind the dash trim. I shaved the top and bottom of the opening down with a file and used Best Kits BKFMK552 to mount it. And yes it is an 04 with the 05-07 lower dash panel installed. I upgraded the lower dash so I could have the upfitters with a factory look.

New_Dash-01.jpg

That's what my dash looks like.

so, with that kit, everything bolted right in and the only mod you had to do was file the opening on the outer dash cover?

Thanks for all the help!