AVIC411.com

iPod Interface

i think the iPod interface is really crappy with the n1.

i even upgraded the firmware with the new disks, but the only thing that doesnt change is the iPod interface. everything else looks like the n3.

i am very dissapointed with the n1 interface. i am almost tempted to buy a z1 just to get the newer looking iPod interface.

any suggestions?

Tom
Well the Ipod on the z1 pretty much sucks as well. You may get a cooler looking interface (I have never seen the gui on the N1) but it is SLLLLOOOOWWWW and painful to deal with if you have a lot of songs on it.

The only way that I have gotten around the painfully slow functionality of this device is to create a lot of playlists so I only have to scan through those.... But even with that, it is lacking...

There is my 2 cents.

-Steve
[quote name="StevenRapp"]Well the Ipod on the z1 pretty much sucks as well. You may get a cooler looking interface (I have never seen the gui on the N1) but it is SLLLLOOOOWWWW and painful to deal with if you have a lot of songs on it.

The only way that I have gotten around the painfully slow functionality of this device is to create a lot of playlists so I only have to scan through those.... But even with that, it is lacking...

There is my 2 cents.

-Steve[/quote]

i will take the lag of the z1 over the crappy text display on the n1.

there is

that much sapce to display text, but only

________

is used.

the only good thing about the ipod adapter kit is that it recharges the ipod while you drive.

Tom