AVIC411.com

Problem with N3 and Cd Changer

Ok, long story short, the system was running fine. I needed the cd changer cable for a different vehicle, because the other vehicle's cable went bad. So, I ordered a new cable off of ebay. Of course, I didn't closely inspect it and went to install it. First thing I found was that the ends do not have the click-in lock mechanism. Then, I found that both ends were black instead of one being black and one blue, but the pinning all looked correct. Then, when I went to plug the power plug in, the fuse blew...several times...and then I figured out that the electrical plug pinning was reversed. AKA where the the positive should be, it had a negative and vice versa. So, I changed the pins and the cd changer came on, and went through the cds.

Now for the problem, while the Cd Changer has power, can eject the cartridge, and goes through the cds when a new cartridge is put in, the N3 does not see it. So, I am figuring either the cable is junk or the cd changer is now hosed. Anyone with a similar problem?