AVIC411.com

Hello everyone. I know these are old forums but I’m hoping to get some help. I am building a 98 Ford Ranger mini truck and have a semi current 5200 and somewhere I hope I still have packed away a AVIC, I can’t remember which one it is… I think it’s a Z3 with an upgraded hard drive. When last used the screen was starting to get hard to use toward the edges I think and I seem to remember that the DVD/CD was having some issues. Is it possible to get the screen and DVD replaced, hard drive updated and made to be a good enough unit for today. I will need to decide if it’s worth it or not. Is there updates that make it closer to current capabilities with iPhone hands free, really want CarPlay if it can work on it. Update the hard drive and software. 
I would like to access the vehicle gauge sensors to have GPS display. We swapped the 2.5L 4 cylinder for a 302 5.0L V8 and gauges are having a problem communicating with the new computer. Having it GPS on the AVIC would solve not having a working speedo. 
Thank you for any info anyone can provide. 

Kit Bolton

kit@kjbolton.com

612-310-2557