AVIC411.com

Nokia N73 and Bluetooth

I've been using my Nokia N73 with the D3 successfully for a few weeks now, ever since I had my unit installed.

The other day I tested out using my phone's A2DP (streaming audio over BT) capability, and was suitably impressed.

However, I now wish I never had done so because I just cannot get my phone to connect using the headset profile anymore. Even the icon on the N73 shows a loudspeaker, and I can only use the N73 to stream audio and not as a headset. So I've completely lost the ability to use the D3 as a handsfree device.

I'm at a loss as what to do. I've deleted the profile from the N73, and the D3, but each time I repair the units, it connects using the A2DP profile, and not handsfree.

Anyone got any ideas? I don't care if I don't use A2DP again, but I DO CARE that I can't use it as a handsfree phone!

Many thanks.

Ian

Unfortunately, I've tried these options. I've deleted the profile from my mobile, and the D3, and then got the D3 to search for my mobile (which it finds) and I complete the pairing process. No change. No matter which device I initiate the pairing process, the end result is the same - the ability to connect with the audio streaming profile, or nothing whatsoever.

I was a little concerned that perhaps my mobile recognised the D3 and automatically switches to audio streaming profile, so I upgraded the firmware on my mobile, and didn't restore any settings. Still the same problem.

One thing I have noticed is that if I manually connect using BT-Audio, and then switch to BT-Tel, I *DO* get handsfree service, but it's a pain having to do that each time I get into the car. It's not how it used to work, in that it automatically connected for handsfree whenever I got in the car.

Argh!

• 4 months later...

I read somewhere that the D3 cannot handle wireless music and the phone so you will have to turn off the wireless music. Then delete the pairing with the D3 on the phone and diconnect the phone on the d3 and remove from registered phone. After that you have to repair. Good luck

Thanks for the advice. I think I've come to the end of the road, really. I've totally removed all reference of the D3 from my mobile, and even reinstalled the firmware on it. I've deleted the pairing from the D3, and re-registered the phone. But again, it just doesn't work. My Nokia N73 recognises the D3, but doesn't switch to the headset profile. The only way to get successful handsfree is to dial a number on my mobile, start the car (and hence power-up the D3), and then, once the D3 has booted, I can drop the call. All subsequent calls then work absolutely fine, but it reverts to being a pain the next time I power up the D3. Very strange.

If it wasn't working initially, I'd say the N73 and the D3 are incompatible, but before I played with audio streaming (and never again!), everything was working really well.

That'll teach me not to fiddle!