AVIC411.com

PLAYLIST TITLE FOR THE LATEST CD'S

1ST OF ALL THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP . YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.............. THE Z2 HAS A MUSIC RECOGNITION SOFTWARE CALL GRACENOTE. IT NAMES THE CD TITLE, ARTIST ect . . DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO UPDATE THAT SOFTWARE/GET IT TO READ BURN OR COPYED CD'S

Pioneer Electronics provides the updates for Gracenote here. Thus far, no one has found a way (or cared) to hack these files and inject their own discs.

As for having a burned CD find a Gracenote match, it'll only happen if you DUPLICATE the audio cd. Conversely, if you rip the cd then re-burn it as audio, it will NOT find a match, even though it's the same cd. Why?

Gracenote (formerly CDDB) works solely by matching a disk's Table of Contents (TOC), which includes the number of tracks and length in MM:SS:FF(frames), against it's own database. Many people believe that discs have special "unique ID's" stamped in them and/or that's what Gracenote searches. Wrong; Gracenote's own FAQ references the "unique ID" it searces for, explcitlely calling it the TOC.

Gracenote's own FAQ[/i]":w78d9d20]...CDs created from certain pressings can have identifying characteristics (TOCs) that are very similar, and these are what the database queries for matches...
Because of this unique TOC, CD's you compile and burn yourself will never find a match in Gracenote (however, CD's you 'duplicate' should find a match just fine).

The alternative is to burn the CD in iTunes 6 and above, making sure to burn an audio CD with CD Text enabled. The disk still won't resolve a Gracenote ID, but it will show and record the track names stored on it in CD Text. It's just as good, if not better, as it can identify your mix CD's! =D

-i999

I just got a AVIC-Z2 yesterday and finished installing it. I ripped a burned cd to the AVIC-Z2 and it reads the text. I burned the CDs with NERO version 7.10.1.0. The text shown on the AVIC-Z2 is the same as the filename on my computer. The CDs I burned with an older version of Nero does not show the texts.