AVIC411.com

defective wiring harness?

I just purchased z2 ,I used the metra XSVI-9003 harness .Installed in my 07 passat and no go ,Nothing .I put it on the bench and did a direct connection to test and it powers up.Could it be a defective wiring harness?

I have doubled checked my connections .This is the harness with the module in the harness

Any input

Thanks

I did use part of the harness to power up the unit ,but the function of the acc wire from the module is defective .I phoned the manufacture and did a few trial and error tests and we came to the conclusion the harness is defective .

I temporally hooked up the radio acc wire to the 12 constant with a switch in line to kill the power to the unit so it doesn't drain the battery .

I am ordering a different harness this time with the vss and backup wire also in the harness .I think Pac makes it .

I am relieved the unit works perfect .

Very impressed with it ...

Its funny that you start wondering what you did wrong with the installation and it turns out it new product that is not working .

• 1 month later...