AVIC411.com

XM Icon adding / hacking

Okay, a bit more info about the DAT file.

While it appeared the channel number was listed twice for each entry, it is not. The first instance is actually the icon number (filename) and the second is the channel number.

This is more obvious in the higher channels, like 247. Its entry reads:

00 F5 0F F7 45 6D 65 72 67 65 6E 63 79 20 41 6C 65 72 47 00

Which equates to:

245 15 247 Emergency Alert 

The Emergency Alert channel is 247 but the icon is DPS245.BMP

So there we have it.

I also found a typo with ch. 130 which might explain why only the List icon was displaying. I'll give it a shot later today.

Also, I'm uploading the complete collection of official XM icons from the Z2 HDD image for diagnostic purposes.

oficialIcons.zip

• 5 months later...

Just to give everyone a heads up, I am finishing up an application that will allow you to easily update the lists when the streams change. I used inferno999 information (Thanks) to build the application. I will release it to you all after I get my drive next week and making sure I got all the bugs worked out.

Ravenhawk

*emerges from hiding*

Wow, I can't believe someone is actually following up on this. Awesome! I abandoned the project when I upgraded to the Z3, which fixed all the XM Icon problems. I'd like to see what you come up with though. Let me know if I can help over PM. I believe I left a few related items at the bottom of here if you're interested.

*back to hiding*