AVIC411.com

HELP!!! AFter the D3 was installed my alarm died....

i drive a 06 Honda Civic Si, i got the keyless entry when i bought the car but didn't get the factory alarm.. 3 months after i decided to get an aftermarket alarm which is a viper add on for factory keys that have door open/close buttons on the key already.. the viper alarm is this one... just click the link provided...

http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.a ... ductID=111

yesterday i got the avic d3 installed on my car by circuit city firedog where i bought the head unit.. the d3 works great but the problem is when i arrive my house and tried to lock my doors and activate my alarm with my key the alarm and the whole keyless entry is not working anymore.. so i decided to bring it back to circuit city... but there was a lot of cars that are getting installed and got an appointment tomorrow.. so I want to ask you guys.

1.WHAT 'S WRONG WITH MY CAR'S ALARM??

2. DID THOSE FIREDOG INSTALLER MESSED MY CAR'S WIRINGS??

when you go back have them plug the factory radio back in and test the keyless/ alarm

on the last honda I did I had to hide the factory radio, I don't remember the exact year of it but the factory keyless was integrated in the radio, and for some reason I think that there was something else that didn't work without the factory radio, might have been dome lights.

thanks for the quick replies guys... that ease my worries a bit.. hey did they not short circuit my car's wiring??? i just hope they didn't.... and one more thing i can seem to find VERBATIM DVD-R disc.. because i red in most forums here that that is the most reccomemded to use to do a copy of the nav disc.. is there any good brands i can used?? and how do i make a copy of it from nero?? thanks...

when you go back have them plug the factory radio back in and test the keyless/ alarm

on the last honda I did I had to hide the factory radio, I don't remember the exact year of it but the factory keyless was integrated in the radio, and for some reason I think that there was something else that didn't work without the factory radio, might have been dome lights.

You're thinking of the 96-98 civics. The keyless/alarm brain was contained in the stock deck. The 06+ are not. Odds are they disconnected something or put the alarm into valet mode. Take it back to them.

and one more thing... my RPM needle does not go all the way down to zero when you turn off the ignition... it is not like this before it goes all the way down to zero when i turn off my engine... i even rev my engine before i turn it off... but now it get stuck on the RPM the time i turn my ignition off.. thanks guys.. i'm telling you guys this would be my 1st and last installation from firredog of circuitcity..

You're thinking of the 96-98 civics. The keyless/alarm brain was contained in the stock deck. The 06+ are not. Odds are they disconnected something or put the alarm into valet mode. Take it back to them.

thanks for the correction, as I mentioned I could not remember the year of the one I did.