AVIC411.com

can't hear voice dial prompts

Hey. This is kind of a specific problem, but one someone else might have. I use a Blackberry Pearl (8100) and just installed avic-d3 with bluetooth. Love the d3 by the way! Anyway, my phone is equipped with voice dialing (which is supported by the d3) but when I activate it, the audible prompts can't be heard over the speakers, so I have no idea when to start talking, or if it picked up what I said. It would be really sweet if it would work. If anybody has any ideas. I've poked around every menu I could find but haven't been able to remedy the prob. thnx

I am not aware of ANY phone that will broadcast the voice command prompts through the btb200. It seems ridiculous that such a shortcoming would be overlooked and it is SHAMEFUL on Pioneer's part that they have done NOTHING to remedy it...I have been using the voice command button on the avic D3 by disabling the voice command prompt feature on the phone (samsung i760) So far the setup seems to get the connection most of the time but I never know for sure until the other party answers...BTW the avic d3 (btb200) does not recognize the caller id on calls that are initiated on the phone including voice command....you'll just get a "no data" and "dialing" message...

Yeah. It kind of surprises me that there would seem to be that option but unable to make good on the offer. Oddly enough I can actually hear the voice dial prompts ever so faintly...I mean I really have to concentrate but they are there. Certainly inaudible while driving, so they may as well not be there. So, do you think if I time it right, it will pick up my voice or does it not even respond at all to a voice command. I really should play around with it a little more. Anyway, thanks for the info.

You could try timing it but the better option is to go into the voice command menu on your phone and disable the option that gives you voice prompts...that way the phone won't wait for you to say yes or no. If you have multiple phone numbers for a contact than simply press the voice button on the D3 and say "Call" [contact name here] followed by "mobile" or "home" etc

• 2 weeks later...

What i found is that the voice prompts do play through the speakers except the volume isnt very loud. If you turn the speakers up all the way to make a voice call you can hear the voice dial prompts.

This tells me that the sound coming from the phone when in dial mode is not being amplified.

I know this doesnt help but maybe some seeing that they are being sent they can make another recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest astrobill

Yep. This exact problem is becoming very well known and is the subject of two or three other identical threads in this forum. In the other threads on this problem, some of us mentioned that Pioneer is giving conflicting information as to whether they plan to do anything about it. It's really a safety issue, because we have to look at our phones to see if it's hearing us correctly!!! Defeats the whole purpose of hands-free connectivity!

If my Bluetooth headset can amplify my phone's voice-dialing prompts correctly, then the AVIC-D3 should be able to do it too...Pioneer just didn't adhere to the Bluetooth programming standards documents.

By the way, the many bugs that are becoming apparent, the discounts being offered on the AVIC-D3, and other factors make we wonder if Pioneer is getting ready to dump the D3 and discontinue support....

• 2 months later...
You could try timing it but the better option is to go into the voice command menu on your phone and disable the option that gives you voice prompts...that way the phone won't wait for you to say yes or no. If you have multiple phone numbers for a contact than simply press the voice button on the D3 and say "Call" [contact name here] followed by "mobile" or "home" etc

How does one turn off the voice dial on the Pearl?