AVIC411.com

btb200 install help on d3 with xm

i have an avic d3 and just bought a btb200 and noticed it has no switched power (red) wire on its power harness.

Is that normal, is that how it comes?

anyway, so i was trying to install the btb200 by piggy backing the ipbus to my xm navtraffic unit and then spliced into the xm box's constant power wire (yellow) and ground wire (black). but.......i noticed that nothing happend.

the xm was bit getting power and the icon did not light up like it did before attempting the piggy back/ splicing install and neither did the bluetooth icon get power nor bluetooth button light up.

so then i decided to scrap the install until the weekend and attempted to reattach the yellow xm wire and black ground wire to power back on my xm......but nothing happened, no pwer.

whats up? if i did it wrong.....please tell me how.

"not much to it", thats what i think too.

the xm has constant to it coming from the avic d3's constant so it should have power.

i dont know whats up.

this sat i will remove the glove box to be able and really get into the install and wiring.....you never now maybe the little pulling and tugging i did caused the xms constant wire to seperate from the d3's constant.

eh, well see.

thanks fellas. ill advise on results.