AVIC411.com

I loked and all i can find is the 05+ installation which has been beaten to death

I am going to be installing on a 2003 Nissan Xterra SE

The vehicle has the Rockfod Fosgate package so exta speakers and such

Ordered a AVIC-Z2

I would be in your debt if you can provide me with

VSS Location,

Brake Wire,

Bypass info because trhere seems to be different methods

Now, This install has to be as non-invasive as possible because i will most likely have to swap out the head unit when ever my vehicle goes in for service (warranty) I know it's a tall order but i appreciate the help

I am technically adept... I've been upgrading the z1 to this head unit for a few people but... I don't want to FUBAR my truck with a silly mistake.

Thanks

VSS-

Dark green/Black at the ECM.

The ECM is located below the heater box to the right of the accelerator pedal, behind trim panel. The VSS is in the 2nd row from the top, 4th pin right of center.

You won't need the brake wire if you do the two wire bypass. You can find instructions on this at http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

As for removing the unit anytime you take it in for warranty, I would not only suggest against this, as you would need to reset all of you memory settings (this can be a REAL pain in the you know what), but it is illeagal for any warranty to be voided by the addition of anything aftermarket (except, of course, for the item being replaced.) In other words, your transmission warranty CANNOT be refused if you repace the stereo.

Ok, its working well.

Few things.

It doesn't change color when i turn the lights on. Where is the illumination wire on the Xterra? found it on my own with a multimeter

I mutilated my mute wire and used the remote wire instead. What will this change? so far nothing bad so im assuming nothing ?

No VSS yet i can't find the ECU :oops:

Other than that so far so good on a 30 mile test run.[/b]