AVIC411.com

Need help with my new Z2

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me. I have a 2002 VW Passat.

What is the VSS Wire and where is located? After my research I believe this car doesnt have a VSS wire and that I would have to get some sort of module. Is this true or am I wrong?

Also does anyone know the color code of the Antenna Amp wire for my vehicle? So I will be able to use the radio.

Thanks for your help if anyone is out there!

Nick

Speed Sense GREEN (AC) PIN 28 OF 32 PIN PLUG BEHIND CLUSTER

Green AC? What do you mean by AC and where is the cluster I am sorry I mean location in the car.

Also are you saying I would have to buy an Adapter to get my radio stations? I dont have a picture but certainly will get one. Its a weird plug it almost looks like a Satellite Antenna plug if that makes any sense.

40-EU55 or 40-VW53 are the amplified antenna adaptors. It's one of the two for you car forget which one though. If you can provide a picture of the antenna plug in the car it would help.

[

It would help if you type after quoting the text, kinda hard to read what you were responding.

AC means a meter would read AC voltage on that wire. The cluster is that thing you look at to see how fast your going and how much gas you have left in the gas tank.

If the Antenna plug looks like a sat antenna end, then you'l need a 40-eu55.And yes you will need that in order to get am/fm radio stations.

[

It would help if you type after quoting the text, kinda hard to read what you were responding.

AC means a meter would read AC voltage on that wire. The cluster is that thing you look at to see how fast your going and how much gas you have left in the gas tank.

If the Antenna plug looks like a sat antenna end, then you'l need a 40-eu55.And yes you will need that in order to get am/fm radio stations.

Sorry I am new to this and wasnt really sure what I was doing.

Your awesome! So just to recap I need to go behind the Dashboard to where the Speedometer is and the gas gauge and look for the 32 pin cluster and look for pin 28 which is green and see if there is AC voltage there. should the car be on or doesn't it matter?

Install day is tomorrow! I cant wait

cntry, So would this be the same wire in a 2004 passat? I would think so, but ya know VW stands for "varies widely" :roll: . I read over on the12volt.com tht in a 2003 passat it was a red/brown wire in the cluster....I am also guessing you need to have the engine running for voltage to be on that wire, but can you confirm? TIA!

Oh and thejumpoff, do not remove that plug from the back of the cluster with the key in and turned, it will trip the airbag light and you will need the dealer, or a shop with VAGCOM to turn it off. Or if you have Vagcom yourself you can clear the code. Gee ask me how I know. :oops:

EDIT: For the 2004 model is it a white/blue wire in the tach harness. You will find the retained accessory wire (red) there also. Go to Passatworld.com if you want to confirm.