AVIC411.com

OK, i searched but still have a question about Boyo VTL400

when hooking this camara up to a d3 and also hooking up the backup light wire from the back of the d3 to the backup lights, is it true the only time i can view the camara is when the vehicle is in reverse? or can i go to the d3 optioins and activate the camara through the HD, or will it do both, sorry for all the question but as you can see i am new to this forum, thanks for any help

p.s. is there anyway to bypass the dvd lockout while driving??? just joking, i see that is a touchy topic around here.......

so to make sure i understand, when car is put into reverse the D3 will automatical turn the b-u camara on show the image on the screen, but as you are traveling down the road you can also hit map and map again and pick b-u camara and also see what is behind you while driving, is this correct

Wonder what the life of these cameras is when they on any time the car is on. I have no idea. Maybe it's years. I know some of the original backup cams were not designed for that kind of duty cycle and recommended they be powered only when the vehicle was backing up. I'd run it through a switch so I could turn it off.