AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 ?'s........

quick couple of questions from a newbie on Nav (haven't installed in 10+yrs, but use to all the time).... and i apoligize if these have been discussed in other forums.

I just bought a AVIC-D3X for my 03 Tahoe w/BOSE and was reading all the forums on which wiring harness to use. I decided on the GMOS-04, but all the stores charge $100+ for it, I was able to search ebay and found several from different sellers for $30 total. Is there something I'm missing or something I should be watching out for? Seems like all the "buyers response" state they are good. Anyone have any insite?

Last question, I haven't installed a system in 10 yrs, so is there any tricks or extras that would help me out, since I'm also installing an Infinity Basslink II sub and would prefer not to have to mess around with the BOSE to much.

thanks for the quick response cntrylvr79.

Is there anything else I need to run the Basslink II and the stock BOSE sub? I know in my explorer limited I had, I had to disconnect the stock sub, because it drained to much or something, cause the Basslink II sucked with both hook up. Once I disconnected the stock sub it was a 100% better. Any issues you've seen or heard of, you seem to be one of the few that really know what to do?

Nope no big deal. The gmos will plug into the front and rear outputs of the avic. Then plug the rcas for the basslink into the sub out of the avic. you will end up splicing the remote output of the avic (blue/white) to both the gmos and the remote lead you run to the basslink. One more word of advice. Make sure you set the fade/balance to center and the eq to flat. The blose amp remebers those settings even with the stock deck out. And you may lose the ability to fade. Again because of the blose amp it only acccepts 2 channels of input.