AVIC411.com

2007 Tahoe and Avic-Z2

Hello all,

I am getting ready to install the Z2 into my 07 Tahoe LTZ but I have one question. Is there any way to keep the functions of the rear audio controls in my truck? I have all the adapters for the steering wheel controls, the Onstar system, and so on but I can not find anything about using the controls in the rear passenger area. Any ideas?

Actually, You will not lose all functions of the rear audio controls, If you are using a steering wheel control interface. You lose all the important functions though. The rear passengers have the ability to change the source, channel, volume, and tracks of the headunit, but not independantly from the driver. Basically, you will have your steering wheel controls available to the rear passengers. So, in most cases, this is a disadvantage. The display on the rear seat control will just say "on".

Pretty sure this would be the same in the yukon. I have a Z2 in my 08 Sierra Denali.