AVIC411.com

Avic D3 call for 2007 Santa Fe owners...or anybody really

I was wondering if anybody on the board has installed the Avic-D3 themselves in an 07 hyundai santa fe? More or less I'm curious about the level of difficulty. Or even walk thru stuff would be great! I'm still waiting on the dash kit and wanting to paint it before I do the install so, if anybody knows what paint to use to try and match the brushed aluminum like the radio/ac control panel i would greatly appreciate it. I was thinking about drilling a hole in the bottom of the tray in the dash compartment above the radio and running the ipod cable up into it so i dont have wires to try and hide. Would I also be able to have the GPS antenna mounted inside the compartment or would that mess up the signal being somewhat hidden? Hopefully this weekend is when it will go in so any comments/suggestions you guys have would awesome. and I may be back if i run into any issues. I did do my homework and have used the search option though so you wont get any bypass questions out of me! haha!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am also experienced with the the search function and use it every chance I get. hehe However I haven't had any luck with this. I would like to know if anyone has found good mounting places for the gps antenna on a Hyundai Santa Fe. There is no rear deck and running it out the door to the roof really does not work for me as an option. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. So far all I have some up with on my own is on the dash, but the install manual discourages it being close to the head unit. Aloha, Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I put one in my 07 Santa Fe this weekend. It took me about 2 days but i was putting in the D3,XDV-P6,GEX-P920XM,CD-BTB200,steering wheel control and I-Pod Cable. I mounted my GPS antenna in the dash behind the stereo on top of the vent. If you take off the top storage tray or the speaker you can see back there. I put the XM tuner where the OE one was. I also used the OE XM antenna connection so I have no extra ones on the outside. There is alot of great info on this site and it was a big help.