AVIC411.com

Pin out on iPod connector

I have a friend that is having a similar problem with a Peripheral adapter (stock Honda application). His works fine, his wife's doesn't, with hers being a 6th gen and a classic. Hers didn't work brand new out of the box, so I'm wondering if this is some sort of problem with Apple (whom is going to say they it's the 3rd party parts that are the problem.)

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem and struggled with it for months until I very carefully looked at the Ipod side of the dock with a magnifying glass and learned that two of the pins had been pushed back into the connector tab. I used a tiny screwdriver (like you'd use in electronics) to pull them forward, then I used a toothpick to flatten them back into the gooves.

It all worked great for a few months until last week. I connected the iPod and the head unit didn't find it. I looked at the connector today and it looks like the two wires that were bent are now gone. I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed on the ipod side.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to close the circle (in case someone else encounters this issue)...

The iPod went back to BestBuy two more times (the fine print on the extended warranty states they will repair or replace at their choise), the problem got escalated to their regional support manager, and was finally repaired correctly.

It was the broken first pin - the AVIC header is fine. :lol:

Thanks to everyone that contributed, empathised, or just flat out provided input!