AVIC411.com

2001 Honda Accord Sedan

Okay, this is a bit odd. I know the VSS wire is blue with a white stripe. I searched and found that it appears on a connector on the ECM / ECU that is grey.

There is a blue w/ white stripe lead in the driver side fusebox on the side... but that doesn't seem to carry any sort of PWM signal (My meter has a frequency counter function on it).

But... I can't find the ECM. On the passenger side floor, under trim on the right side (near the passenger door) there is an electronic module but it doesn't match the ECM pictures I see on feeBay. I haven't poked at it much yet because it doesn't seem to match the reports of ECM location (And the plug count looked to be 3, not 4 like the ECM is rumored to have).

I read that it's in the lower center console accessible by pulling up the carpet on passenger side... but I don't see any modules there... That is where I have the BT adapter, and I had other components there before.

My car is V6, auto tranny. I found that old Accords had them on the floorboard straight in front of passenger but that didn't look to be the case either.

On another note, I have the steering wheel controls hacked to directly drive the D3 with _no_ interface needed. I am going to write that mod up for everyone.

In the meantime... My pink wire dangles!

• 1 month later...