AVIC411.com

Custom Background for AVH-4000DVD???

• 3 months later...

I had an extra IPOD video laying around so I pretty much just put that in the console and plugged in a car charger to the outlet in my console. From there I just ran a minijack to rca a/v cable to the inputs on the back of the receiver. You can the settings on the a/v menu to show a video source in the background at all times. You can then select a picture to display on your ipod.

The receiver still looks for the e brake signal before displaying the background so you will need to pull the ebrake or have the bypass, to be able to display the image from the ipod.

yah it kinda sucks, you have to have a dedicated ipod just for that, plus gotta turn it on and off everytime or the battery dies. plus you have to have the bypass to make it work while driving.

I got a mini jack to av cable, plugged it into the back of the unit. went into the system menu changed the av input to VIDEO, and the background to AV.

P1010021-2.jpg

Pick a picture you like on the ipod and set the slideshow to manuel, or you could leave it and have the pictures run while you drive. make sure to change the settings on your ipod to enable video out of the minijack

• 4 years later...