AVIC411.com

Well, I finally got my Z2 installed with the help of my friends. I must say it has exceeded my expectations. The navigation works great, from what I have used and I love all the multimedia options. However, I have found one thing kinda annoying, but I doubt it is the fault of the Z2 itself. Although I believe that the unit is correctly hooked up, it seems I am getting much less bass then I was previously.

I have a 2006 Mustang GT and had the Shaker 500 system prior to installing the Z2. I have retained all the factory subs, speakers, etc. Sound is coming from my sub woofer, but I do not hear nearly the amount of bass I heard with my Shaker 500 unit. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Would putting a new sub woofer in that is more compatible, such as one from Pioneer, help? I wouldn't mind installing one because I have to take it out again to put in the iPod adapter that was late. Any suggestions are appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I have a 05 GT w/Mach 1000. I same problem, no bass afterward. My installer had to research issue and he finally fixed it (adapting wiring so Z2 could talk to Subwoofers). He made fix himself, but I think he said there was an adapter now. He also had to fix dimmer function so display would switch for nite use. It was Josh at Underground Audio in Springfield VA. Works like a champ now and I def have the Bass

Is your bass a separately controlled device or is it integrated into your factory amp/speakers as full-range speakers?

Mine is the latter, and no matter how high I cranked my bass in the EQ, or how high I set 'loudness' it still wasn't amazing. Then I tried messing with DSP and it made all the difference. If your speakers are 'full-range' too (as opposed to isolated sub, try setting the staging to Music Studio or experiment, then tweak the EQ to compensate for the increased treble.

Or it could be hardware specific to your car. In which case, sorry. I can't help =(