AVIC411.com

06 STI - Need help fixing a HifiBuys crappy hack job

Three problems here.

1. The microphone does not work. I've verified that it is plugged into the right jack on the back of the unit and is snug. If I plug it into my cell phone it works. Interestingly enough if I plug a hands free kit into the back of the Z1, the mic on that works. No explanation for that. Maybe is has a pinch in the cable and works sometimes depending on how the cable is bent.

2. My radio signal sucks. I assume this is because they didn't connect the blue wire from the Z1 into the antenna power booster (antenna is embedded in rear window)? Where is this wire.?

3. The VSS wire is also not connected to anything. What do I hook this up to?

I'd appreciate any help I can get. Pics would be awesome if possible. Thanks!
1. Yeah sounds like the mic cable might be crimped somehow. Try taking it out and plugging it driectly into the z1 and wiggling the wire.

2. I'm going to hope they used a wiring harness when installing the z1. If they did then there should be a blue wire in that harness marked power antenna. Hook that one up to the power antenna lead of the z1. If your still getting poor reception, try hooking the power antenna lead on the subaru harness up to the red ignition wire. Sometimes the power antenna lead of an aftermarket radio doesn't put out enough current for the antenna amp to turn on.

3. Here's the info on the vss for you.
green/yellow or green/black ECM below glove box
On the non-turbo models the vss is in pin 12 of the 35 pin plug. On the turbo models the vss is in pin 13 of the 35 pin plug. On the STi models the vss is in pin 26 of the 35 pin plug.
Owner of a 05 sti here...

Isn't it sick how perfecct the z1 fits into the double din space??

It looks so factory... you would think it was made custom for the Z1..

I added focal 6.5 component system with arc audio amps and 10 inch sub in truck with dynamat on doors.. sounds frigging awesome.. I love my sti..

Also updated dome lights with super white leds... cheap mod and gets rid of the factory amber lights...
[quote name="SlickSTi"]Three problems here.

1. The microphone does not work. I've verified that it is plugged into the right jack on the back of the unit and is snug. ..........[/quote]

If you see the voice command icon on the screen then the plug from the mic makes the required contact but that doesn't guarantee that the mic works.
Check this thread:

[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1197&highlight=]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=[/url]