AVIC411.com

AVIC N2 Opening Probs...

Ive searched but have been unable to find anything that matches my problem....Ive had my N2 for couple of years now so its out of warranty. The flex cable went out right before the warranty did, so it has already been replaced. I keep the screen closed 90% of the time, but when i went to open it the other day, it only came out about an inch. I hit the button again and it comes out another inch. You have to do this several times to get the screen to come all the way out and filp up. If i understood correctly, if the flex cable went bad again it would only open about an inch and you would be unable to get it the rest of the way open. Was i mistaken? If not the flex cable, then what would it be? Thanks in advance for the help.

definitely flex cable. If you have it replaced right away then they probably just replaced it with the same defective part, they were doing that at first until the improved cable came out. Many people have had there flex cable go bad more than once even after proper pioneer service. I would just send it back and see if they will replace it.