AVIC411.com

Back-up camera was working, now it's not. Any insight?

Installed the D3, back-up camera and bluetooth about 2 months ago, everything has been working fine until now. The camera I'm using is an Audiovox license plate frame camera. All I can say is that the camera was working fine and now it's not working at all. Last night I tore my dash apart and checked all of the connections and the fuse for the camera and everything appeared to be ok.

The camera started acting funny though almost from the beginning but got worse right up until the end. Every once in a while when the camera was activated, the screen on the head unit would be all kinds of weird colors or the camera picture would be there but it was frozen. By that I mean it's like the camera actually took a still picture and that's what I would see on the screen. I could back up but I wasn't seeing real-time video, just the frozen picture. If I shut the truck off then started it back up it would start working again.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Earlier this week was it's final performance. I was going to work one morning and when I was backing into my parking place the screen lit up with bright pink, green and yellow lines. There was no picture at all, just a screen filled with the colors I mentioned previously. The colored lines were horizontal on the screen and they bounced around.

After that little performance, the screen is now black, NOTHING AT ALL and it's really pissing me off. I bought a new camera last night to see if that was the problem but Audiovox decided at some point to change the connection method so I couldn't just simply unplug the old camera and plug the new one in. After I get off of work today I'm going to see if I can find the same style camera that I originally bought. Both camers have the same exact model number but they changed the wiring.

Has anyone ever experienced anything even close to this? One way or another I'm going to switch the camera to see if that's the problem but I'm also wondering if something inside the head unit possibly went south.