AVIC411.com

Installing AVIC-Z2 into 04' C230 Mercedes Sedan.....

Hello,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

I am new to this site and just about to purchase the AVIC-Z2 for my 2004 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport sedan.

Install includes:

- Avic-z2

- ND-BT1 bluetooth

- CD-IB100II NIB Ipod

- Sirius SIR-PNR2 sate radio

- ND-BC2 Rear Camera

Questions:

Does anybody know where I can find a wiring kit for my steering controls to work with the avic-z2? my stock mercedes wheel controls.? I have found through some old forums on here that I would use the CA-R-PI 133 or CA-T-PI 131 thats works wioth Pioneer head units. But I dont know which one?

Any general install tips or help because I have been reading some of the forums and people are talking about your cars " VSS Wire", and the wiring harness? no prior knowledge about nav hookups

I am pretty new with this nav system and any tips would help. In addition I am planning on getting a professional installed but want to make sure I gather all good tips and materials (wire harness, additional parts) before the install.

Thanks,

[/b]

Hey, I can't answer all your questions but here's the little bit of info I do have:

VSS= Green/White in radio harness

Reverse= Green/Yellow (+) in harness to transmission

It might be easier just to catch the reverse wire at the reverse lights considering your going to be back there anyway in order to run the camera.