AVIC411.com

I have encountered a new problem with my Z-2 (upgraded to Z-3). If I turn the car on to fast, meaning not stopping at ACC position for a few seconds, it does not power on. If I turn the car off and back on, it powers on.

Before anyone asks I had this same problem before doing the upgrade, it actually is less noticeable now, but still happens.

Does anyone have any idea why?

What kind of car do you have?

EDIT: nevermind, read your signature.

The unit needs X amount of power to power up. Sounds like you're not getting enough in the "ON" position...which is strange. You should have the same amount in ACC as in ON (b/c it should be the same line providing power). I'm not a GM guy so I'm not familiar with the nuances of GMs.

Sounds like your Class 2 adaptor is not recieving the correct turn on signal. The GM factory radios are more forgiving for this error (I see it from time to time). Try this for a few days a see if it fixes anything- turn your key to the "on" position and wait 2-3 seconds, like you were letting the fuel pump prime, then start it. You should notice it turns on every time. If not, have your Class 2 module checked out.

I turn it to on and wait a few seconds and the unit turns on. Then I turn on the car, and the lights on the unit go off for a couple of seconds, and then come back on.

If I turn the car on too fast, sometimes it doesn't come on at all. Then when I turn the car off it comes on. Then I turn the car back on and it flicks off then on again.

I would think this is an adaptor problem, right?

It is not a connection problem, because the radion never cuts out when I am driving.

Any other ideas.