AVIC411.com

I don't know if people are having problems with the SIR-PNR2 (Sirius Module) but I did find something interesting while installing mine.

I had mine all tucked away under the dash with some Velcro strips. I couldn't screw it in because I would never be able to get a screw driver up into my dash.

So I turn on the Z1 all excited for some Sirius, but the Z1 doesn't see it. So I thought I had no power to the PNR2, but it showed I had 12VDC at the plug going into the PNR2. Checked for bent pins on the power and IP-Bus cable, but everything looked good.

I took my iPod adapter of the IP-Bus and had only the PNR2 connected to the IP-Bus still nothing, I started thinking I got a bad PNR2, as I was looking at it, I noticed the back of it said 12VDC Ground '-' Which I thought was kind of odd, but got an idea.

I pulled a ground to the chassis of the PNR2 and tried it again, this time the Z1 saw the PNR2. Just out of curiosity I disconnected the ground to the chassis, and the Z1 lost the PNR2.

But my iPod adapter is installed with some velcro beneath my Z1 in the dash, and it has not problem, without a ground to the chassis.

So to make a long story short, [b]the SIR-PNR2 chassis must be grounded[/b], or no worky.
Yeah, I'm slowly learning the usefulness of grounding ANYTHING that touches the radio.

The power for my iPod and Sirius is off of a spare cig/aux connector I have and that has worked well but because I'm running a power inverter for my Xbox (which isolates it from the car's ground) I needed to ground the Xbox to the chassis like you're saying.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Might want to double check where the ground for your tuner is hooked up. I put many of both pioneer sirius tuner in and have never had to directly ground the chassis of the tuner.[/quote]

I checked that as well. I have the ground attached to a bolt underneath the dash, which is attached to steal support. I used a ring terminal and made sure I removed the paint with a small dremel attachment. I metered out the PNR2 plugs gound to the the lighter sockets ground and I was getting only .4ohms of resistance, which is more than acceptable.

Unless maybe in the PNR2 a trace on the circuit board has gone bad or something like that.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]That's possible. then again I've also seen the ground pin in the wrong slot on the power harness on more than 1 occassion. The power and ground pins diagonally opposite on yours?[/quote]

Yes I checked that as well. I even opened up the unit and checked the connections going down to the actual board itself.